Sunday, February 28, 2010

Quick nightgown

During a shopping trip this summer, my daughter picked out some cute fabric for a nightgown. This morning she pulled the fabric out of my stash. I like when she shows an interest in my sewing, so I decided to sew up a quick gown.
For a simple project, I chopped off one of last summer's t-shirts for the bodice and added a gathered skirt of the gown fabric. To keep the gown really cozy and to help it fit longer, I cut off the sleeve and neckline bindings using my rotary cutter with the pinking blade.


I ironed-on some flower transfers that I picked up at Michaels many months ago to add some interest and up the cute factor,

The gown is a hit and is still being worn as I type! I told my daughter that it will be a spring/summer gown, but I have a feeling this might make it into heavy dress-up rotation until then!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! It's adorable, and she looks like she loves it! Lauren's been asking me for nightgowns, too...what is that?

    ReplyDelete