Sunday, January 4, 2009

Another Simple Tote




Today I made another Simple Tote (from BTRS). This one was made slightly larger - the beginning pieces were 12.5" x 11". The tote was made to compliment the zip pouch and tissue holder from the previous post which were christmas gifts for my mother. I had only two small scraps of the yellow print fabric, so I used it to make an interior pocket and the panel for the front of the bag. I fused the yellow print to the khaki cotton with some Wonder Under interfacing and the fabric puckered a bit, so I probably won't try that again. After the tote was finished I realized I could have easily made the yellow panel an exterior pocket to add some function. The dark brown fabric is a rayon blend I found as a remnant. It made a nice soft finish for the bag but was impossible to use for the straps, as it would not press well before stitching.


Right now I am making my first attempt at making a handbag and can't wait to post the results!




1 comment:

  1. Love your tote--those straps are the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.

    Thanks for stopping by our Creative Chicks blog. I, too, am looking forward to seeing what fun and creative things you come up with. I am always happy with another person decides to start sewing.

    ReplyDelete