Friday, January 16, 2009

My first handbag!



Here is my completed Charming Handbook from Bend the Rules Sewing (BTRS). This was my first try at a handbag and I am happy with the outcome. The print is a Robert Kaufman fabric found at the local Hancock Fabric and it is paired with a corduroy. I may redo the handles to make them longer and wider; they don't quite feel right in hand. I added an interior pocket on each side; the one shown is divided to hold my blackberry and ipod. Even though I increased the pattern dimensions by 10%, the bag is fairly small. Sewing the curved seam was harder to sew than expected, thus my new relationship with the seam ripper!
I have another half-yard of the print fabric and am anxious to use it!

4 comments:

  1. The 21st century handbag - BlackBerry and iPod pockets... I really like that print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag. The colors and materials you chose are really nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete