Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another go at Simplicity 2892

Simplicity 2892
Last year for made by rae's Spring Top Week, I made a Simplicity 2892. Why not kick off this year's Top Week with the same pattern? This black and white cotton lawn was scored on clearance last year from fabric.com for only $3.49 per yard. (I have the same print in green and white that is destined to become a tunic)

This view of the pattern has lots of fussy details including a ruffle, a gathered yoke and hand-joined yoke facing. You can read my post about the first 2892 for some details. The only variation I made to this version was four rows of shirring at the hem. I have wanted to try shirring and it was fairly easy. The details are a little hard to see on this busy fabric.


I loved the outcome of last year's 2892 but don't love the fabric. I wore it just once. This black and white version is the most wearable of any garment I have made. It sort of has a White House Black Market vibe.

A couple of other tops are in process (along with two skirts and a dress)....let's see if I make the deadline for Top Week!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great, Lorna! Love the print on this...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, love this, great fabric. I've nearly finished the view with the sleeves from the same pattern. Would love to have a go at shirring but just got to pluck up the courage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely top, I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love that print. I think that top would look great with some black capris (or white if you are so brave - I usually spillor sit in something.)

    ReplyDelete