Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Charming Handbag Received

I received my Charming Handbag from my BTRS Swap partner...and it's perfect! My partner also made a coordinating zip pouch. You can view it here also.

I was touched that my partner considered my "likes and favorites" information she received at the beginning of the swap. In her blog she mentioned cutting the bag in a different fabric, then scrapping that idea and buying a different fabric at IKEA (which I mentioned as a favorite). The lining is orange (also mentioned as a favorite color). I've actually had my eye on the print she chose at IKEA - it is so fun and perfect for summer. A few weeks ago, I bought a navy spring jacket and was just thinking that I need to make a bag with some blue touches. Now I don't have to, because my partner made me the perfect bag :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you like it! (I have such performance anxiety with these things sometimes). In odd news, I actually bought that fabric at the IKEA near you (long story). I stood in that corner for a good 20 minutes trying to decide which fabric, that was after walking around for 5 hours (it was my maiden voyage to IKEA). Anyway, I had great fun picking out the fabric and making it so I'm really happy that it suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You were a long way from home...if I remember the return address on my package right. You should have just come over and used my sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete