Thursday, May 7, 2009

Are buttonholes really that difficult? aka ... the Tale of the Unfinished Top


So, I started a top for my daughter many months ago from the that*darn*kat pattern. It is super cute and...unfinished. I just keep avoiding figuring out buttonholes. (sort of like avoiding finishing our taxes after filing for an extension...I am a procrastinator specializing in avoidance) On my machine, you just use a zig zag stitch and then cut the opening. I tried it once, briefly and unsuccessfuly, and haven't gone back to it. My daughter tried on the top and everything and it fits (for now).


Ugghhh. I must stop dragging my feet. It feels good to get that off my chest :)

4 comments:

  1. I am a zipper avoider, definitely not my favorite things. You can put snaps on instead of buttons though, they're fast and easy and come in pearly colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your blog site. Tried to contact you with feedback, but find not link to reach you by email. You might want to add this somewhere. Anyway, I'm adding your site to my faves on my blogsite....http://flamingoks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to find one more sewer on presserfoot.com. I hate buttonholes too. I really try to avoid them. Maybe we can all work on them together on an upcoming project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I see where Mary gets it! hehe I HATE button holes too!

    ReplyDelete