Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Crayon Roll


Crayon rolls are a nice instant gratification project to finish in one relatively short sitting. It is also a great project to use scraps from your fabric stash. I made a few for birthday party gifts recently using this tutorial from Chocolate on my Cranium (great blog name, huh?). I had not made one for my daughter who asked me last week for her very own "crayon box", so I sewed one last night. This one I managed to turn into a not-so-short project by accidentally cutting through a piece of the fabric. After that I had to regroup a bit and the end product turned a little weird and wavy because the interfacing ended up on the wrong panel and another piece was thick with too many layers. That's okay...my daughter doesn't seem to mind. I chose these fabrics to coordinate with the Simple Tote I made her for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment