Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Round Yoke Top from that*darn*kat

 If you read my previous post, you know that I started a top for my daughter months ago and hadn't finished it for fear of buttonholes. Well, last night, I decided it was time to buckle-down and figure them out. I did it! They really weren't that hard...I just didn't feel like it at the time months ago, I guess. I will need some more practice to get the density of stitches just right.

Round yoke top from that darn kat

The pattern from that*darn*kat is easy to follow and can be made into a top or dress. The dot fabric is one of the first fabrics I purchased when I started sewing and is super lightweight for summer. I like it paired with the gingham. I will make more from this pattern. Her summer wardrobe is overflowing already, so I may try one in a heavier weight to layer with a t-shirt and leggings for fall. I found a cute plum corduroy that will make a cute jumper.

round yoke top from that darn kat

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I'm such a fan of round yokes so now that you've mentioned using corduroy I can't wait to start sewing for fall :-)

    ReplyDelete